Gestures I

Closeness,
A moment undefined.
 
I feel the rhythm in the tips of my fingers
Passionate beat caressing me – Your hands,
Poles of my desire,
Threads weaving my feelings.

Warm is my heart.

Each step I give traces a loop on the ground,
Each touch I wish, a gesture of love.


During more than 2 years I studied gestures to find forms for my hand objects. Some became more drawing-like, following the position of the hand, others more massive, forcing the hand to stay in a specific position. In the end of 1998 the project Gestures blended with the next project entitled Tools for the Subconscious.
In 2008 I returned to Gestures to explore with drawing-like technique the forceful and the spontaneous gesture.

  

Great part of Gestures I was made while I was at Parson's School of Design. Gestures I was exhibited in the Seniors Student Show at Aaron and Sheila Aronson Gallery, New York